The 17th ASMDA conference will focus on new trends in theory, applications and software of... more...
6th International Symposium & 28th National Conference on Operational Research
The 6th International Symposium & 28th National Conference on Operational Research will be held at the University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece, June 8-10, 2017. The conference will be co-organized by the Department of Applied Informatics of the University of Macedonia and the Hellenic Operational Research Society (HELORS).
The purpose of the Conference is to disseminate recent scientific advances in the field of Operational Research and Management Science in Greece and to promote international co-operation among researchers and practitioners working in the field. The specific aim of this year’s Conference is to highlight the role and importance of OR in the digital era and the underlying ICT challenges (“OR in the Digital Era – ICT Challenges”).
We invite all researchers, academicians, practitioners, as well as students interested in all branches of operational research, mathematical modeling and decision making to participate in the conference and present their current research in the following indicative areas:
- Agent-based Modeling
- Banking and Financial Decision Making
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- Combinatorial Optimization and Integer Programming
- Data Envelopment Analysis and Performance Benchmarking
- Data Mining
- Decision Support Systems
- Digital Economics
- Energy Management
- Energy Policy and Planning
- Fuzzy Systems
- Game Theory
- Governance and Policy Modeling
- Group Decision Making and GDSS
- Heuristics, Metaheuristics, and Nature Inspired Optimization Algorithms
- ICT Applications
- Linear and Nonlinear Programming
- Locational Analysis
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Mathematical Modeling and Decision Making
- Mathematical Programming
- Military Operational Research
- Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis and Multi-Objective Optimization
- Network Design and Optimization
- O.R. Applications in Agriculture and Forest Management
- Optimal Control
- Optimization Theory and Applications
- Parallel Processing and Grid Computing
- Production and Operations Management
- Project Management
- Queuing Theory
- Resource Scheduling
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Stochastic Programming
- Strategy and Innovation Management
- Structural Optimization
- System Dynamics
- Telecommunications and Telematics
- Transportation Analysis and Decision Making
- Vehicle Routing and Scheduling
- Waste Management
- Water Management
Book of Abstracts
The abstracts submitted and approved for presentation will be included in the book of abstracts that will be distributed at the beginning of the Conference.
Publication in Special Issues
International Journal of Decision Support Systems, Inderscience.
International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics., Inderscience.
More journals to be announced.
All papers (in extended form - after revision), will be refereed according to the standards of the respective journal.
Final Important Dates
Deadline for abstract submission: 31 March, 2017
Notification of acceptance: 24 April, 2017
Deadline for early registration: 20 May, 2017
Conference dates: 8 to 10 June, 2017
Submissions should be uploaded to the EasyChair Conference system: